Tuesday, october 15, 2019
2:00 PM Eastern
This webinar will present basic information about overhead and gantry crane safety for general industry and workers in manufacturing and distribution, based on OSHA regulations and guidance (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.179). There are significant safety hazards for crane and lifting device operators and employees who may be working nearby.
We will review the basic operational controls and functions of floor-operated overhead cranes used in industrial facilities. We’ll also discuss the inspections of cranes and rigging components that are required before a crane or overhead lift device can be operated. The content is based on standards for overhead crane safety from OSHA, ANSI, and ASME, as well as recognized general industry best practices.
Other topics of the overhead crane webinar:
- Overhead crane and sling terminology
- Rigging and slings
- Types of controllers
- Considerations before starting a lift
- Safe crane and sling operation procedures
- Safety inspections for overhead industrial cranes, their components, and rigging
- Communications and signals
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Key safety considerations